Saturday, January 4, 2014

another 13.1 in the books

We have trained and run the BCS Half Marathon in Bryan/College Station the past two years (this year marked our 3rd).


Having lived with (sometimes debilitating) chronic back pain since I was 14, this is a big accomplishment for me.  Even though this was my 3rd half, the shock never wears off that my body can support me in this.  I fight tears every time I step up to the starting line. 


This is my not-by-blood-big-brother Eddie.  I had told Kahler to run without me, to see how fast he could finish (I'm no Speedy Gonzales). I honestly had a hard time telling him that. 13.1 miles is a LONG way to run, let alone by yourself!  Around mile 4, this guy showed up and oh, what a blessing that was!  We ended up running the next 6 or 7 miles together, catching up on life over the past 4 years.


FINISHERS!
Eddie pushed me harder than I probably would have pushed myself, resulting in my own PR- whoop!


Love this dude and that he has joined me in this little running adventure of ours.  I can't wait to see where this takes us next!

2 comments:

  1. Y'all did AWESOME friend. So proud of you and all the people who participated with y'all. I will run one day with you...well I may have to do what you did and tell you to just go ahead.hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! That's so awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you.

Seriously. Your comments make my day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...